Resources & Publications » Resources for SLTs » Indemnity Insurance

Indemnity Insurance

NZSTA recommends all members who practice in Aotearoa New Zealand, consider professional indemnity insurance.   Most large employers include indemnity cover directly; however, if you are in private practice, you may want your own plan.

One option is QBE’s ‘Health Professionals Insurance Plan’, which may be right for you.

 Standard Policy Wording

 SLT Insurance Members Scheme

A $60.00 administration fee is included in the amounts stated on the application form.

Apply online


Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  How soon can my policy commence?
A:  The policy provision is automatic and immediate, provided all your answers meet the criteria

Q: Can I include other practitioners in my policy?
A: No, individual practitioners need to take out their own policy.   

Q: Will my policy cover if I trade as a limited liability company or trade under a different name?
A: Yes, and you will need to mention this on your application form as it is a disclosure.

Q: Will my policy cover my employees?
A:  The policy will cover non-practitioner employees only.

Q: Who should I contact if I become aware of a complaint or a circumstance?
A: Please contact your professional risks insurance broker or professional risks claims manager at (04) 819-4000.