Joint Study Day - ADAPT, Communication Therapy International, OT Frontiers
This event brings together experts in the fields of Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy, and Occupational Therapy to share their knowledge and insights. There will be key speeches from five eminent speakers on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the context of global health inequalities.
Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of workshops and discussions focused on cutting-edge research, innovative techniques, and best practices in these fields.
Our guest speakers are:
- Professor Nora Groce - Director of the International Disability Research Centre, University College London, United Kingdom.
- Zelelam Demeke - University of Gondar, Ethiopia (physiotherapist and occupational therapist).
- Professor Harsha Kathard - University of Cape Town, South Africa (speech and language therapist).
- Dr Mershen Pillay - Massey University, New Zealand (speech and language therapist).
- Sarah N Matovu - consultant occupational therapist, Uganda.
There will be workshops based on the presentations by our guest speakers around the following themes:
- Decolonising the curriculum.
- Participant-led research.
- Lived experience of practice of allied health professionals.
Whether you are a seasoned professional or just starting out in your career, this event is a must-attend for anyone interested in staying up-to-date on the latest developments in Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy, and Occupational Therapy.
ADAPT, Communication Therapy International and OT Frontiers focus on supporting physiotherapy, speech and language therapy and occupational therapy in low- and middle-income countries.
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to learn from some of the brightest minds in the industry. Register now and join us for a day of learning, networking, and inspiration!
A link to join the zoom webinar will be sent to you closer to the day.
Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 9:00 AM BST is Saturday, September 23, 2023 8:00pm NZD