Translating evidence into practice: effective oral narrative intervention for school-age children by Laura Glisson
This 3 hour short course is intended for speech-language therapists working with school-age children with language difficulties, including those with developmental language disorder.
Wed 22nd Mar 2023, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm NZD
Please note this is a “live” event and will not be recorded for later viewing.
By the end of the session, participants will have an increased understanding of the evidence-based approaches, strategies and techniques for oral narrative intervention, including:
1. explicit teaching of narrative macrostructure
2. supporting the transition from retell to generation
3. contextualised grammar intervention, with a focus on sentence-level skills
4. contextualised vocabulary intervention, with a focus on Tier 2 vocabulary
5. supporting the transition from oral narrative into writing
Speech-language therapists interested in this event can register via Humanitix