Locum Speech Language Therapist - OAMARU
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Speech Therapist to join our team on a locum basis in OAMARU. As a Locum Speech Therapist, you will be responsible for assessing, diagnosing, and treating individuals with communication and swallowing disorders. This position offers a flexible schedule, providing an excellent opportunity for experienced Speech Therapists looking for temporary assignments. We have locum positions for 2-6 months by agreements.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments to identify speech, language, and literacy disorders.
- Develop and implement individualised treatment plans tailored to the needs of each client.
- Provide therapy services to individuals of all ages with a focus on improving communication abilities.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals, caregivers, specialists, education providers, and family members to ensure a holistic and coordinated approach to cleint wellbeing.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records, including assessment results, treatment plans, and progress notes.
- Stay informed about the latest advancements in speech therapy and integrate evidence-based practices into clinical work.
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to a collaborative and supportive working environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Speech-Language Therapy / Pathology from a recongised university.
- Eligible for NZSTA membership.
- Proven experience in diagnosing and treating a variety of communication and swallowing disorders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and adapt to different clinical settings.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Supportive team environment.
- Generous accomodation allowance.
- Work vehicle
About GIANT LEAPS NZ:
Giant Leaps is the regions leading private speech therapy service provider. We boast a team with an incredible wealth of experience, knowledge, and passion across Otago and Canterbruy.
Our expert team of NZSTA Speech Therapists are dedicated to providing the highest standard of assessment, diagnosis and treatment of communication difficulties. We work with children, teenagers, and adults. Our expertise covers a broad range of communication difficulties including speech, language, social skills, and literacy challenges.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and professional references to Anna Keno - Director Professional SLT Services. Please indicate "Locum Speech Therapist Application" in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until 11 March 2024.
Giant Leaps NZ
Director Professional SLT Services.
Phone: 027 661 4441