Steps Neurological Therapy Services is looking for an experienced, engaging, dynamic and well organised Speech Pathologist to join our team full time. If you are looking for an attractive salary, a brilliant working environment and a role working with a passionate team of dedicated staff then this is the ideal position for you.
Steps Neurological Therapy Services is a private practice of 16 dedicated health professionals including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, an Exercise Physiologist, a Myotherapist and a Wheelchair and Seating Specialist. Our practice specialises in treatment for clients with a neurological condition. At Steps we empower people to move better, feel better, and live better.
A Speech Pathology position at Steps provides an opportunity to develop your therapy skills, your knowledge base, and your career, across a broad spectrum of neurological clinical areas. Opportunities exist for clinical roles to be tailored to areas of clinical interest for each and every staff member at Steps. A regular, tailored, structured mentoring program is provided with our senior Speech Pathologist as well as internal continuing education sessions with the entire therapy team. Steps has state of the art facilities and a large range of equipment to help you facilitate satisfying client outcomes. Work together with our allied health team and enjoy a client focused career.
Benefits of working at Steps:
- Work with a highly skilled, friendly and passionate team
- An extra day of Birthday leave as no one should have to work on their birthday!
- Flexible working hours
- Access to company vehicle for use in business hours
- A laptop and mobile phone are provided for full time staff
- Excellent salary with reward for hard work
- Professional development allowance
- Work in a well-established business
The successful applicant(s) will be expected to:
- Independently manage case load of ABI, TBI, Spinal Cord Injury, Neuromuscular Disorders, and other neurological presentations
- work closely with clients, their families, and other community allied health and medical professionals
- implement best practice, evidence-based speech pathology in rooms setting, as well as in client’s homes, local community, and workplaces
- Confidently participate in goal planning and outcome measurement with all clients, as well as therapy and equipment funding applications where applicable
- Participate in in-house and external professional development
The scope of practice of this role includes but is not limited to assessment and management of:
- Speech clarity, fluency and Intonation
- Verbal Expression
- Understanding and Listening Skills
- Social Communication
- Social Media use and Digital communication
- Reading and Written Expression
- Thinking, Planning, Problem-solving, and Self-regulation
- Swallowing, Saliva Management and meal time assistance
- Assessment for and implementation of AAC systems for non-verbal communicators
Consider what skills you could bring to the team of therapists at Steps – each team member is valued for their knowledge, ability and individuality. Be sure you make your own skills clear in your application.
Minimum 2 years post graduate experience including 1 year working with Neurological caseload required. Experience working with funding bodies (TAC, NDIS) is desirable.
If you are interested in this position and would like to be part of this team, please email a cover letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps Neurological Therapy Services
Phone: (03) 9568 5611