About Acorn Autism Charitable Trust- North Shore, Auckland
Part-time building to full-time.
At Acorn Autism Charitable Trust we are passionate about delivering the best evidence-based, specialist services to neurodiverse or autistic children and young people. We have a growing team that includes expertise in occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, behaviour therapy and mental health – all working together under one roof. We’re looking for a full or part-time Speech Language Therapist to join us as a permanent member of our team.
About the role
You’ll be one of our speech language therapy experts focused on the assessment of clients needs along with the development and implementation of their therapy programmes. You’ll work one-on-one with clients and their families and alongside the collaborative team of specialists. There is flexibility around the days and hours of work for the right person.
We’d be interested to talk to you if:
- You hold a degree (or higher) in Speech Language Therapy or equivalent qualification. Eligibility for membership with the NZSTA is required.
- You have 1+ years experience in paediatric speech language therapy.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and can demonstrate how you apply these in working with children from a variety of age groups.
- You are able to take your specialist knowledge and translate it in a way that our clients and their families can understand and confidently use as part of the therapy.
- You are able to collaborate with other specialists in the team.
- You have experience working with autistic children, as well as key domains including Receptive/Expressive Language, Assistive and Augmentative Communication, Play and Social Pragmatics.
- You have experience with Autism specific therapies such as Applied Behaviour Analysis or Early Start Denver Model.
- You are empathetic, a team player and passionate about your continued professional development.
If this sounds like you, apply today! Contact Tami Harris at email@example.com
Please note that only candidates with a current full drivers licence along with clearance from a criminal record check will be considered.