Salary band – $59,035 to $85,992 p.a. pro rata, plus Kiwisaver, plus free onsite parking
- Permanent and fixed-term available, 16 – 40 hours per week
- Competitive salary, plus discounted health insurance, plus discounted holiday accommodation
- Join a welcoming and motivated team!
Mō te tūranga – About the role:
- Facilitate an appropriate and high-quality Speech-Language Therapy process for service users/patients, using evidence-based practice
- Be able to work actively and co-operatively in a multidisciplinary team and liaise appropriately with relevant health care professionals, service managers and external organisations
- Be an active participant in the continual development and improvement of Speech Language Therapy provision of care within the inpatient setting and other settings as applicable
- Prescribe adaptive equipment and communication aids within the parameters of relevant funding sources for patients
- Use of AAC in an adult rehabilitation context with the person’s whanau/caregivers
The following positions are available. Please specify in your cover letter your preference:
- Permanent, part-time (0.5 FTE), 20 hours per week
- Fixed-term, part-time (0.4 FTE), 16 hours per week, until 12/10/2023
- Fixed-term, full-time (1.0 FTE), 40 hours per week, for 12 months
Mōu ake – About you:
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and build relationships with a diverse range of people
- Hold a degree in Speech-Language Therapy or be eligible for professional registration with the New Zealand Speech-Language Therapy Association (NZSTA)
- Be a great team player, with the confidence to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Hold a current, clean, and full New Zealand driver’s licence
Previous experience working in an inpatient environment is preferred but not essential.
Painga – Benefits:
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation and a range of retail discounts
Mō mātou – About us
Te Whatu Ora – Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui – Salary range
This role belongs to the PSA/DHBs Allied, Public Health and Technical Multi-Employer Collective Agreement and falls between Step 1 ($59,035 p.a) and Step 8 ($85,992 p.a pro rata) of the Degree-Based Allied, Public Health and Technical scale.
Rā mōnehu – Closing date: Friday, 7 October 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don’t delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei – Apply now
For further information please contact James Boyd, Recruitment Advisor, James.Boyd@southerndhb.govt.nz
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Te Whatu Ora Southern you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/14323/