The NZSTA Continuing Professional Development Framework has been developed to allow members to document their professional development activity against relevant activity categories. The NZSTA Continuing Professional Development Log is an online data collection system for members to record their on-going professional development activities. This is a requirement for all full members.
- A minimum number of points must be gained over the three year CPD cycle (300 points over 3 years).
- The cycle is from 1 January to 31 December of the third year.
- Points cannot be carried over to a different year to when they were undertaken.
- Points are not cumulative beyond the end of each CPD cycle.
- Each year, there will be a basic minimum that members have to achieve. This must be made up of:
- Workplace development:
- Professional supervision/Peer review – while practising (20pts)
- Reading/reviewing articles, books, electronic media (20pts)
- Professional contribution:
- Active contribution to the NZSTA (10pts)
- Other (20 pts)
- In order to achieve 300 points over three years, members will have to accumulate the stated annual minimum (total of 70 pts) plus additional points in any category. Members can decide for themselves how this is achieved.
- It is required that over the course of three years, members will have points in each of the three categories (workplace development, professional contribution, formal education).
- The CPD cycle may be extended for members on parental leave or on compassionate grounds, such as prolonged significant illness, who request an extension at renewal time. This allows the member two calendar years to meet the annual points requirement. Exemption or extension is not granted to members going overseas for extended periods.
- Every year 10% of the NZSTA membership will be audited. They will be notified in April and will be required to submit their CPD Log for audit by 31st August of that year. Failure to do so will result in the member no longer being eligible to be a member of the NZSTA. This is a requirement of the New Zealand Accident Compensation Corporation, our Mutual Recognition Partners and most health, education and not for profit employers.
In order to view and input into your CPD Log please log into the NZSTA member site using your NZSTA login.
It is the responsibility of the NZSTA to you, and your employers, clients and communities, to sight your CPD logs and ensure you are completing the required amount of professional development for Full Membership. It is also a requirement of our Mutual Recognition Agreement with our five MRA partners.