Communication Matters is the quarterly magazine published by NZSTA for Speech-language Therapists and others who are interested in knowing what is happening within the profession. Anyone can therefore write an article who has something to share with this audience. It is a great place to share the work you have been involved with, to build your experience, and portfolio by having your work published in this manner. The style of writing required is that of a professional magazine and not an academic journal.
As you will see from previous issues of Communication Matters, articles cover a range of topics. Examples have included;
- Reviews of new or innovative clinical tools- including assessments and intervention options,
- Interviews with significant members of the profession,
- Marking events such as SLT Awareness week,
- Reviews of professional developments activities and meetings,
- Work being done by NZSTA,
- Profiles for Life Members,
- Perspectives of SLT from around the world,
- Student contribution,
- Audits of clinical work
- Sharing events from workplaces,
- and many more.
Word limit is 500 words. Articles can however be much shorter, and just a few lines may capture the news that you want to share. A visual image to go with the article is preferred- but can be added at a later stage by the designer.
Include a title and author for your article.
The photos need to be of a high resolution. For full page photos they would need to be 300dpi 200mm square minimum. Send photos in a jpeg format and articles in either ..doc.or.docx
Font and size are; 12, Arial. (However this is not crucial-as it can be changed during editing.)
Submit everything by the deadline.
Send all articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other questions can be directed to email@example.com
2018 Submission Dates for Articles
- 13 March
- 18 June
- 20 September
- 10 December