Speech Language Therapist
We are looking for a driven and experienced Speech Language Therapist wanting to take the next step in their career.
This position is full-time, permanent, but would consider applications for part-time and/or secondments for internal employees.
In this role you will have the opportunity to develop both your clinical and leadership skills.
At Auckland DHB we have a lot we can offer you:
- Opportunity to join the largest teaching hospital in New Zealand
- Support from the Clinical Lead for SLT – peer review and formal supervision
- Opportunities for on-going professional and personal development
- Subsidised gym membership, free gym classes run by 5Points Gym
- Great team environment and work culture
- Discounts at a variety of businesses, Free eye test
- A fun and inter-disciplinary team supportive team
Auckland City Hospital is the centre for head and neck cancer treatment for the northern region of New Zealand, with a team of Speech Language Therapists delivering care before, during and after cancer treatment. We also provide a regional voice assessment and therapy service with several weekly stroboscopy clinics.
This position will provide cover to the head and neck surgical ward as well as ORL outpatient clinics. There is also an opportunity to work in other surgical wards at Auckland City Hospital. You will be expected to deliver high quality evidence-based clinical care, with proven advanced skills in the use of FEES, Videofluoroscopy, and tracheostomy management.
There are plentiful opportunities to work collaboratively with partners across the region to develop high quality, innovative Speech Language Therapy services in the areas of head and neck cancer, voice, transgender, and airway.
To be successful in this position, you will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s qualification in Speech Language Therapy or equivalent, and will be eligible for NZSTA membership.
- Excellent communicator, with a can-do attitude and an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience, with at least 4 years working within an acute surgical, preferably head and neck cancer.
- Advanced skills in surgical voice restoration, assessment and management of dysphagia and communication impairment are desirable.
Click the link below to see the position description for this role.
Auckland DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that values and embraces the diverse population we serve. We welcome and respect people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities and religions. Apply now and join us to make a positive difference and to “do your life’s best work at Auckland DHB”.
For help with your application please email, Sonu Anand, Recruitment Consultant on Sonua@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref # AUC05825.
The closing date for this vacancy is 9 July 2019.
Click the link below to find out more about the recruitment process and to apply for this role online: