Ad Specs for Communication Matters
Communication Matters is the quarterly magazine published by NZSTA for Speech-language Therapists and others who are interested in knowing what is happening within the profession. Anyone can therefore write an article who has something to share with this audience. It is a great place to share the work you have been involved with, to build your experience, and portfolio by having your work published in this manner. The style of writing required is that of a professional magazine and not an academic journal.
As you will see from previous issues of Communication Matters, articles cover a range of topics. Examples have included:
- Reviews of new or innovative clinical tools- including assessments and intervention options,
- Interviews with significant members of the profession,
- Marking events such as SLT Awareness week,
- Reviews of professional developments activities and meetings,
- Work being done by NZSTA,
- Profiles for Life Members,
- Perspectives of SLT from around the world,
- Student contribution,
- Audits of clinical work
- Sharing events from workplaces,
- and many more.
Guidelines for writing an article
- Word limit is 500 words. Articles can however be much shorter, and just a few lines may capture the news that you want to share.
- A visual image to go with the article is preferred- but can be added at a later stage by the designer.
- Include a title and author for your article.
- The photos need to be of a high resolution. For full page photos they would need to be 300dpi 200mm square minimum.
- Send photos in a jpeg format and articles in either .doc.or.docx
- Font and size are; 12, Arial. (However this is not crucial-as it can be changed during editing.)
- Submit everything by the deadline.
- For advert sizes and specifications, click here.
- Send all articles and any questions to email@example.com
Deadlines for submission:
24 March 2016, 20 June 2016, 26 September 2016, 21 November 2016
In 2013, the New Zealand Journal of Speech, Language Therapy transitioned into a new publication with the title: “Speech, Language and Hearing” (SLH). This publication is the official journal of the NZSTA.
The journal is published by Taylor & Francis, a leading publisher of academic and professional journals and provides members with a high quality scientific, and clinically relevant, journal.
The journal is published four times per year and members can access the journal through the members’ only section of the website. Professor Michael Robb serves as Editor-in-Chief of SLH and NZSTA has members placed on the Editorial Board. These members are involved in the peer reviewing of manuscripts submitted for publication. There is also an archive of several past issues of the New Zealand Journal of Speech-Language Therapy to guarantee that the legacy of our previous publication lives on.
Our partnership with Taylor & Francis expands the visibility of the NZSTA on the web, at conferences, in libraries, and better serves clinicians and researchers within (and outside) New Zealand who wish to publish their research. The journal has a user-friendly online manuscript submission and peer review system. I encourage you to contribute your research to SLH to showcase the quality of research occurring within the country.